Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chocolate Chip Shortbread


Hi again!!!!!!! My friend, Sarah, bought me this AMAZING recipe book for my birthday!!!!!! Here is one of the great recipes (this won't be very good for you, but oh well):


Chocolate Chip Shortbread


ingredients:


(serves 8)

4 oz butter, diced, plus extra for greasing

4 oz of all-purpose flour

2 oz of golden superfine sugar

1 and 1/2 oz cup of semisweet chocolate chips

2 oz of cornstarch



recipe:



1- Sift the flour and cornstarch into a large mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar, then add the butter and rub it in until the mixture starts to bind together.


2- Turn the mixture into a large 9-inch loose-bottom fluted tart pan and press evenly over the base. Prick the surface with a fork. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and press lightly into the surface.


3- Bake the shortbread in a preheated oven, 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until cooked but not browned. Cut into 8 portions with a sharp knife. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.


THEN DIG IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


So that's it!!! I want to thank Sarah Fetzer for giving me this recipe book! I really appreciate it! You are so awesome, Sarah!

4 comments:

  1. taht sounds really good! hey I became followers on your blog, do you want to become a follower on mine? (theeverythingblog-callie.blogspot.com) The dash is actually in the address!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds really cool!!!! im gonna check it out today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey callie! i loooooove your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss you guys! :( but this looks SO good, I'll have to try it sometime!! :D

    ReplyDelete